fredag 27. januar 2012

First day in the lab!


Today I had my first out of four lab demos. Honestly, the class itself was not too good, and I’ve tried to ask myself what I learned. ...and my outcome seems to be more personal orientated than knowledge orientated: I am a geek in Finland, just like I am a geek back home.

The laboratory demo today was the second class in my 3 ECTS course: Assessing functional capacity. Hopefully I will gain more knowledge and obtain more laboratory experience about how to carry out different tests for different target groups.



So, enough half serious talk.

Okey, here are some of my “symptoms” for why i still consider myself as a geek.
My first thought when i entered the lab was:
Holly molly, so much cool stuff!!!

In front of me there was one hospital bed with a kind helmet uses when for instance measuring oxygen consumptions. It looks like something who was stolen from E.T the movie, or that an alien had brought there. But still my thought was: Cool!
It was also a EKG and heart scanner or something located in the room. I think i was used to look at the structure of the heart. And there was also an ergo meter bike, lots of cables and in general it was just like a real lab should be.

Below you can see some pictures of the class. Sorry for the bad quality. 


 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar