tirsdag 28. februar 2012

self-service automat

It is time to introduce something typical Finnish. Maybe you find it in other countries as well, but that is beyond my knowledge.

So today’s introduction will be something you most likely have to deal with when you go grocery shopping: the self service automat.  You will find next to the vegetables and other products which not have an exactly weight, for instance apples, oranges, cucumber, candy and so on.

This was one of the first things my tutor mentioned when we went grocery shopping the very first day here in Jyväskylä. You have to remember to find put the sticker on! The sticker makes the job much easier for the cashier, since they do not have to remember all the codes for the food.

To be sure you pay the right prize you have to remember the number you find on the prize sign, walk to the automat and hopefully still remembering it. I have to admit that I really do not know how many times I have forgotten the number. But, I have always remembered to put the sticker on. What so ever if I have walked back and forth between the food and the automat because I forgot the number...




You should keep in mind that it is really important to push the correct button otherwise you can end up paying more than necessary!




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar